RSA is working hard to support our customers in the wake of a major windstorm across parts of Ontario and floods in New Brunswick. This has led to unprecedented call volumes and claims.
We are working diligently to answer customer calls and begin the claim process.
When our adjuster calls or you are submitting a claim on your client’s behalf, please have provide the following information available:
- Best method to contact you and your client (email, cellular, work or home)
- Address where damages occurred
- Description of loss and damages – the more descriptive the better
- If you or your client have arranged for a contractor or roofer to assist, please be prepared to share the contractor/roofers Name and Contact information
- please hold onto any receipts, photos or other relevant information pertaining to the damages sustained
Our Current timelines are:
• Adjuster to contact you – up to 3 days
• Contractor/Roofer to contact you – upwards of 5 days
• Site inspection/emergency repairs – upwards of 5 days
Once a claim is received we’ll work with our partners and adjusters to address the claim as soon as possible. Our Claims team will contact customers over the coming days and there is no need for customers to follow up. We do ask for understanding and patience and we are prioritizing our attention to assist those with the greatest need and damages.
Contractors and roofers are in high demand and there has been substantial volumes across Ontario which is causing significant delays.
You and your customers can take any steps necessary to protect their building or contents from further damages, without risking their personal safety. This can include securing their own contractor or roofer.